This sentence, although it appears to flow naturally from the one above, took another five minutes of staring into cyberspace before I actually typed any words. Anyway, before I fall asleep on the keyboard, here's a brief recap:
- Friday: Swam the 1500 freestyle in a time of 22:03.29, which was good enough for 2nd place. Am surprised about this. Wear medal around my neck the entire day.
- Saturday: Swam the 100 freestyle in a time of 1:09.75 (8th place). Also swam the 400 freestyle in a time of 5:29.20 (5th place). Swore never to swim at another swim meet again. Too much pain. Not enough gain.
- Attended banquet with parents and house guests (two teammates from Vancouver are staying with me in Toronto). We were "entertained" by an Elvis impersonator with a British accent. Elvis impersonater also gave motivational speech. Something about frogs in a pond. If you can't get out, keep swimming around. Cannot confirm point of speech. No one else was listening.
- Left banquet after dancing started. Annoyed that I am the only one on the team who wants to stick around to get down on the dance floor. Leave with group. Sulk in back seat of car.
- Home now. Updating blog. Friends are watching tv. Five minute blog update has turned into half hour. Am being yelled at to get off computer.