Friday, May 05, 2006

Dude, where's my straw?

Remember when I said I wanted to get my hands on the new juice-box size wine? But I couldn’t because it’s only available in Ontario? And then I half-jokingly begged for someone to mail me some?

Well, guess what happened? A guy in Toronto I’ve never met before actually sent me a case! (This is way more exciting than the time I got Tim Hortons gift certificates in the mail.)

I’m happy to report that the single-serving size boxes of wine look exactly like juice boxes (and they fit just as perfectly in your lunch bag). But unlike real juice boxes, they don’t come with little plastic straws attached to the side. There is, however, a strategically placed hole on top:


I think you’re supposed to pour it into a wine glass. But it’s way more fun to stick a straw in it and drink it right out of the box. Plus, it’s easier to drink in public this way. No more hiding your booze in a paper bag!


The wine boxes are so small they fit right in the palm of your hand, which makes them perfect for picnics, hiking trips or boring meetings at the office.


In case you’re wondering what wine from a juice box tastes like, it’s surprisingly not bad. It’s not the best wine I’ve ever had but it’s also not the worst. But that's not the point. Hitting the sauce has never been this much fun!

No comments: