Monday, April 18, 2005

Waiting for George Stroumboulopoulos to call

George Stroumboulopoulos emailed me this morning. I turned on my computer and there it was, his name sitting in my in-box! Just kind of casually hanging out like it belonged there. The subject line was blank and the message was short:

“Sarah. How are you? What’s your number? George.”

Oh my god. Oh my god. Okay, breathe. Be cool. Stop grinning like that. But I can’t help it. Yes you can. He’s just a guy. No he’s not. This is pathetic. I am pathetic. What will I talk to him about? I have nothing to say. That’s not true. I have lots to say. I'm funny and cute. No I’m not. Yes I am. I’m too pale. I hate what I’m wearing today. I hope he doesn’t want to meet up after work. This turtleneck is suffocating. I should have worn something low-cut to show off my cleavage. What cleavage? I don’t have any cleavage. Good point. At least my hair looks good. Should I go home and change? I hope he doesn’t call. No, I hope he does. What if he thinks I’m boring? Who cares what he thinks? God I'm annoying. No wonder I'm single. Stop being such an idiot and just write him back.

So I wrote back and gave him my work number and home number. I briefly considered giving him my dentist’s number, my parents’ number and the numbers of at least 10 friends in case he has trouble getting hold of me.

George is in Vancouver all week taping his show. I’ve been calling and emailing the CBC for weeks trying to get tickets (you can read about my quest here). I’m guessing that George is writing to a) give me some last-minute tickets, or b) get me to stop clogging up the CBC’s email system. Stay tuned…

12 comments:

Callie said...

WOW! These are exciting times! Keep us posted!

BTW, I know lots of guys that think turtlenecks are quite attractive ;)

Anonymous said...

"I have nothing to say. That’s not true."

Exactly. Start with the Norwalk virus episode! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a great giggle this evening. I too eagerly await an update. PSTC K

Christine said...

Hey Sarah,

I sometimes read your blog (I stumbled upon it one day). I was at the taping of The Hour today, and I'll be there Thursday as well. You shouldn't have had any trouble getting tickets...Good luck though! Very cool that he emailed you. :)

- Christine

Sarah Marchildon said...

Well, folks. Nothing to report yet. Oh well. Maybe he didn't get my email. But he knows where I work and I'm in the phone book so it's really not that hard to track me down.

How can I get tickets for Thursday's show??? Help!!!!

J. Kelly said...

How do we get tickets to the Sarah Marchildon show when you come out to Toronto next month, that's what inquiring mind really want to know...
(I feel so lost without my blog.)

Sarah Marchildon said...

J.Kelly...The Sarah Marchildon Show will be broadcast live by home video camera at the Etobicoke Olympium. Tickets not required. I suspect I won't draw a crowd like George. But, hey, Laura Koot & co. will be organizing a shuttle bus out if you're interested.

By the way, you should start blogging again. We miss it!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Does he know you're writing all of this about him? How could George be comfortable with knowing his love life is other's entertainment?

Sarah Marchildon said...

Love life? Um...not quite. He has a girlfriend (who is not me).

Sarah

Wendy said...

His love life! LOL!

But having said that, you are going to share details if you guys hook up, right?

Just kidding. :)

Kathryn said...

am guessing it is about last minute tickets as I just got a similar email --- being a pest is paying off for once =)

Anonymous said...

Why was it so hard to get tickets? I just phoned the CBC on Monday and they called me on Tuesday with the goods.