Friday, March 11, 2005
George Stroumboulopoulos is coming to Vancouver & other miscellaneous info
Don't drink and photo shop!
I almost fell off the couch this week while watching The Hour when George Stroumboulopoulos announced the following:
1. He’s taking the show on the road to Vancouver for a week in April.
2. He’s an anti-smoker. [The fact he owns two cats is sexy. But to find out he’s a cat lover AND a cigarette hater? That’s hot!]
I am going to email him to see if he would like to go out for a beer -- in a smoke-free bar with paintings of kittens hanging on the wall -- while he’s in town. It can’t hurt to ask, right?
I just hope he doesn’t see the sloppy 20-second cut-and-paste job above and think I’m nuts. Obviously, I’m not. If I were truly cracked, I’d have put a lot more effort into doctoring the photo. I would have cut my sister (the girl wearing the white hat) out of the picture. And I would have put a big heart around George’s head and a cat in my arms. See? I’m not crazy.
In other news, I’ve got three movies lined up for the weekend:
1. Maria Full of Grace: This is one of my brother’s recommendations. I never ask my brother for recommendations because he has the worst taste in movies ever. He likes movies about aliens and violence and hot chicks. He came across Maria Full of Grace by accident. He had rented I, Robot but found Maria Full of Grace in the case instead. Too lazy to walk back to the video store, he decided to watch it. Surprisingly, he liked it. So much so that he emailed me to rave about it. We’ll see…
2. Super Size Me: I’ve been putting this one off because the thought of watching someone eat nothing but McDonald’s for an entire month makes me nauseous. My sister saw it recently and said she came out of the theatre craving fries. She’s pretty anti-McDonald’s so I figured it was a good sign if her reaction was hunger, not disgust.
3. Crossroads: I love bad teen movies and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
I’ll probably just watch one movie tonight since I have to get up at 5:15 a.m. (argh!!!) tomorrow to catch the 7 a.m. ferry to Victoria. I’m competing in the Victoria Masters swim meet. I’ve never understood why these things start early in the morning instead of in the afternoon. In the meantime, must thing of a clever way to invite Strombo out for a beer.