Monday, April 07, 2008

Missing Grape-Nuts found

Less than 24 hours after I wrote about the case of the missing Grape-Nuts, a mysterious stranger delivered 10 boxes of the crunchy little nuggets to my door. Thank you anonymous benefactor!


The surprise delivery happened this morning. I was at work, sitting at my desk when the receptionist called.

Receptionist: "Um . . . did you order a shipment of Grape-Nuts?"

Me: "What?!?!"

Receptionist: "I just got a delivery of Grape-Nuts with your name on it."

Me: "Are you kidding me? Is this a joke?"

Receptionist: "No. Did you order these Grape-Nuts?"

Me: "No! Hang on. I’ll be right there."

And there sitting on the receptionist's desk was a huge container full of boxes and boxes and boxes of Grape-Nuts. It was like manna from heaven.

She explained that they had been dropped off by Stong's Market but with no note and no name attached. It was clearly the work of a great humanitarian or a Grape-Nuts PR person.

Either way, I've got enough Grape-Nuts to last the rest of the year. So, thank you (whoever you are).

No comments: