Monday, June 20, 2005

We heart George

Last week, my sisters went to CBC headquarters to watch George Stroumboulopoulos tape his show in front of a live studio audience.

I asked (okay, begged) my sister Jane to write about the experience. She finally got around to it last night. Here’s what she had to say:

"It was really great being live in the audience of The Hour. I didn't know half of what George was talking about, and I sort of wish that I did. I felt pretty uneducated, but then I came back to the U.S., watched a little TV and read the newspaper, and the news here is pretty one-sided.

I don't know much about what goes on other than stuff that involves the U.S., and these days that pretty much revolves around Iraq. [Jane moved to the U.S. last year to do a Master's degree -- Editor]

Anyhow, I really enjoyed it, so thanks! It was fun sharing a uniquely Canadian experience before I headed off on another U.S. adventure. George was great! He has a great sense of humor that I didn't know about and he was really sweet and friendly and took the time to talk and take pictures with everyone who waited to meet him after the show."

* Editor’s note: My sisters did not send me any of the afore mentioned pictures. So I drew one instead . . .