Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Heavy petting on the CBC


Almost immediately after I wrote about my trip to an Osaka cat cafe, I got an email from a senior producer at CBC News asking for permission to post my story on their website.

I was so flattered and excited I said "yes" right away. My story was posted on the CBC's Citizen Bytes website earlier today.

It's only been up for a few hours and I already have hate mail from a rabid dog-lover!

And as if being featured on the CBC's website wasn't awesome enough, the editor of an online cat magazine also emailed me to see if I'd be interested in contributing an article for the next issue. Who knew writing about cats would be so rewarding?

It was a great confidence booster. It makes me think that maybe, maybe I could make a serious attempt at freelance writing. Or maybe I should move back to Canada and open a cat cafe.

No comments: