Monday, January 28, 2008

Beautiful British Columbia


I've lived in Vancouver for almost seven years and the view of the snow-capped mountains on a clear day still takes my breath away.

Coming from Toronto where you have to suffer through hours of gridlock and miles of sprawl before escaping the city, it never fails to amaze me how easy it is to get out of Vancouver and into the mountains.

In the summer, I can hop on my bike and get from downtown Vancouver to the North Shore in less than 20 minutes. In the winter, I can catch a bus a few blocks from my apartment and be in Whistler in two hours.

And that's exactly what my friend Laura and I did on Saturday. We went to the brand new Whistler Olympic Park in the Callahan Valley for some cross-country skiing. Check out the size of the snow banks!


I will never whine about the lack of decent cross-country skiing near Vancouver ever again. The Callahan trails were incredible.


While there are a lot of things I don't like about Vancouver (the lack of eligible bachelors, for one), the scenery is something I will never complain about.

No comments: