Monday, January 23, 2006

Prime Minister Stephen Harper (shudder)

Okay. So we now have a Conservative minority government. I can live with that.

But I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that Stephen Harper is our newest prime minister.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Yeah, it just doesn't feel natural.

There's something "off" about the whole thing. It makes me feel dirty, and not in a good way. I never, ever would have thought a Reform MP would one day lead the country.

He's on TV in my living room right now. I can't exactly make out what he's saying but I can hear lots of cheering over the clatter of my keyboard. Fuck this is weird. But kind of exciting at the same time.

So long, Paul Martin. I raise my glass to a stronger, more effective Liberal Party rising up out of the ashes. And cheers to the NDP Party for giving us Jack Layton and Olivia Chow. It warms my heart to hear those sexy lefties will finally be in Ottawa together.

More tomorrow when my body is less tired and my thoughts more collected. Right now, all I can think about is crawling into bed. So I think I will do that. Goodnight!

No comments: