Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hot Gomery action!

Watching the sleazy sponsorship scandal unfold hasn’t exactly left me feeling hot and bothered. Nope. The only thing it’s done is make me realize that I actually kind of like Jean Chrétien.

I know, I know. I’m supposed to be “outraged.” But seeing Jean Chrétien come out swinging at his press conference yesterday only endeared me to the little guy from Shawinigan.

It’s hard to be angry with someone who is so damn entertaining. His press conference was classic Chrétien: scrappy, unrepentant, aggressive, blunt, defiant, theatrical. The wild hand gestures were a nice touch too.

Plus, he reminded us that he actually, you know, did stuff when he was prime minister, like standing up against Bush on Iraq and signing the Kyoto Protocol.

Much fun!

No comments: